PROF. DR. SULTAN DOĞAN
Address:1386 Sokak (Meksika Sokağı), Yayla Apt. 3 B Blok, Kat 2, Daire 4
Kültür-Alsancak Izmir, TURKEY
Phone:+90 544 4059221
Adana Mental Health Hospital Dr Ekrem Tok Ruh Sağlığı ve Hastalıkları Hastanesi (1997-2000): Psychiatrist
Human Right Foundation of Turkey (1997-2000): Volunteer Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist (Assesment and treatment of torture victims)
Helsinki Citizens Assembly (HCA) (2008-2012) Volunteer Trainer for Refugee Advocacy and Support Program (Istanbul, Turkey)
Involved in LGBT rights (2000-Present)
Private GOP Hospital, Istanbul (2004-2007): Psychiatrist
Bogazici University, Guidance and Psychological Counselling Center (2007-2008): Psychiatrist
Namik Kemal University School of Medicine (2008-2010): Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Namik Kemal University School of Medicine (2010-2015): Associated Professor of Psychiatry
Namik Kemal University School of Medicine (2015-2017): Professor of Psychiatry
Hellenic Republic Democritus University of Thrace Medical School, Greece. (15.06.2013-15.08.2013): Guest Scholar
EDUCATION and TRAINING
Ankara University School of Medicine (1989): Medical Doctor
Ankara Numune Training and Research Hospital (1996): Psychiatrist
Florida Postgraduate Sex Therapy Training Institute (2002-2003): Postgraduate Sex Therapy Training Program-Sex Therapist
Florida International University (2003): Sexuality Educators Certificate Program- Sexuality Educator
1.Doğan S, Translation Editor (in English to Turkish). Sexual Medicine in Primary Care (Birinci Basamakta Cinsel Tıp). Maurice Willam L. Mosby Inc. St Louis, Missouri. 1999. Social Psychiatry Association of Turkey (Türkiye Sosyal Psikiyatri Derneği) Publications, Ankara 2012
2.Doğan S, Vaginismus and Dyspareunia (Kadınlarda Cinsel Birleşmede Zorlanmalar ve Ağrı Bozuklukları: Vajinismus ve Disparoni). Birinci Baskı, Social Psychiatry Association of Turkey (Türkiye Sosyal Psikiyatri Derneği) Publications, Ankara, 2012. (In Turkish)
3.Doğan S, Premature Ejaculation (Erken Boşalma (Prematür Ejakülasyon) Tanı ve Tedavi Rehberi). Birinci Baskı, Social Psychiatry Association of Turkey (Türkiye Sosyal Psikiyatri Derneği) Publications, Ankara, 2013. (In Turkish)
1. Dogan, S. M. Dogan. Possible gender identity disorder in an extremely religious Muslim family. Arch Sex Behav, 35(6), 645-646 (2006).
2. Dogan, S. M. Dogan.The frequency of sexual dysfunctions in male partners of women with vaginismus in a Turkish sample. Int J Impot Res, 20(2), 218-221 (2008).
4.Doğan, S., M. Doğan, E.Beştepe, E.Eker. Development and reliability study of Homosexuality Attitudes Scale: a preliminary study. Anatolian Journal of Psychiatry, 9(2), 84-90 (2008).
5. Dogan, S.Vaginismus and accompanying sexual dysfunctions in a Turkish clinical sample. J Sex Med,6, 184-192 (2009).
6.Doğan,S. G. Saraçoğlu-Varol. The Assessment of Sexual Knowledge, Marital Characteristics, Sexual Function and Satisfaction in Women with Lifelong Vaginismus. Trakya Univ Tip Fak Derg 2009;26(2):151-158
7.Doğan, S.,B. Öncü, G.V. Saraçoğlu, S. Küçükgöncü. Validity and reliability of the Turkish version of the Adult ADHD Self-Report Scale (ASRS-v1.1). Anatolian Journal of Psychiatry, 10,77-87 (2009).
8.Doğan, S.,Küçükgöncü S. Sexuality Research: From Past to Present. Archives of of Neuropsychiatry 2009; 46: 102-9.
9. Atagün İ, Atagün Z, Doğan S, Evren C, Yalçınkaya EY, Öneş K, Sexual dysfunction is related with childhood trauma in female patients with fibromyalgia.Anatolian Journal of Psychiatry2013; 14:200-9
10. Varol-Saraçoğlu G, Erdem İ,Doğan S, Tokuç B. Youth Sexual Health: Sexual Knowledge, Attitudes and Behavior Among Students at a University in Turkey.Archives of Neuropsychiatry 2014; 51: 222-228
11. Doğan S, Varol-Saraçoğlu G, Erbek E. Validity and reliability of the Turkish Version of the Vaginal Penetration Cognition Questionnaire in a sample of women with vaginismus and dyspareunia. Anatolian Journal of Psychiatry2015; 16(Suppl.1):1-9
12. Doğan S, Varol-Saraçoğlu G, Erbek E, Budak K. The assessment of penetration cognitions and sexual functionality of women with sexual pain disorder in a Turkish sample: a comparative study. Anatolian Journal of Psychiatry2018; 19(3):227-234
POSTER and ORAL PRESENTATIONS (Selected):
1.Dogan, S. Possible Gender Identity Disorder and Extremely religious Family: a case study (705.5). Oral Presentations on Sexual Orientation. XVII. World Congress of Sexology, Montreal. In abstract book, p.28. 2005.
2.Dogan, S. Assessment of Sexual Dysfunctions in patients With Diabetes Mellitus (611.18). Moderated Poster Presentations. XVII. World Congress of Sexology, Montreal.In abstract book, p.24, 2005.
3. Dogan, S. veM. Dogan.Turkish Medical Doctors’ Knowledge and Attitudes Toward Homosexuality and Related Issues. 8th Congress of the Europian Federation of Sexology. Europian Journal of Sexual Health, 15-Suppl.1,76, 2006
4. Dogan, S. Coming Out Problems: A case of suicide attempt. 8th Congress of the European Federation of Sexology. European Journal of Sexual Health, 15-Suppl.1,27, 2006.
5. Dogan, S, Dogan M, Bestepe E,Can G. Development and reliability study of homosexuality attitudes and knowledge scale for Turkish people.8th Congress of the European Federation of Sexology. European Journal of Sexual Health, 15-Suppl.1,76, 2006
6. Dogan, S, B. Demir, E. Eker.Oral Presentations: Turkish Medical Doctors’ Knowledge and Attitudes Toward Sexuality in Aged People. International Psychogeriatric Association 2007 European Regional Meeting, İstanbul, Turkey. Abstract Book, p, 128, 2007.
7. Dogan, S. Sexual Dysfunctions and Sex Therapy With Older Women (Panel Session) International Psychogeriatric Association 2007 European Regional Meeting, İstanbul, Turkey. Abstract Book, p, 64, 2007.
8. Dogan, S. veE. Ozkorumak. What do Turkish teenage girls ask about sex? 9th Congress of the European Federation of Sexology. European Journal of Sexology and Sexual Health, 17-Suppl.1, 150, 2008.
9.E, Ozkorumak ve Dogan, S. A lesbian couple presenting with depression. 9th Congress of the European Federation of Sexology. European Journal of Sexology and Sexual Health, 17-Suppl.1, 160, 2008.
10. E Ozkorumak, S Dogan A lesbian couple presenting with depression. 9th Congress of the European Federation of Sexology. European Journal of Sexology and Sexual Health, 2008; 17-Suppl.1: 160.
11. E Ozkorumak, S Dogan Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder In Male: Can It Be Defined? Moderated Poster Presentations .19th World Congress of Sexual Health, Goteborg. In abstract book, p.120, 2009
12.S Dogan, E Erbek Unconsummated Marriage and Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser Syndrome. 20th World Congress of Sexual Health, Glasgow, J Sex Med 2011;8 (suppl 3):84–299
1.1stdegree poster presentation award in 12thNational Consultation and Liasion Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine Congress with the poster “Marriage features and anxiety, depression levels of females that have mastalgia” September, 13-15, 2012, Istanbul, Turkey
SCIENTIFIC MEMBERSHIPS (Selected)
Gesellschaft für türkischsprachige Psychotherapie und psychosoziale Beratung e.V. (2018)
Society for Sex Therapy and Research (2003-present)
International Psychogeriatric Associations (2006-present)
World Federation of ADHD (2010-present)
Social Psychiatry Associations of Turkey (2009-present)
Psychiatry Associations of Turkey (1995-present)
Sexual Health Association (co-founder and former president, 2006-2012 Turkey )
Bogazici University Club of Female Research (as Counselor and Therapist)
EDITORIAL BOARD/SCIENTIFIC REVIEWERSHIP IN SCHOLAR JOURNALS
- Journal of Sexual Medicine
- Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy
- Sexual and Relationship Therapy
- Journal of Mood Disorder
- International Journal of Psychiatry in Clinical Practice.
- Anatolian Journal of Psychiatry
- Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Journal of Clinical Psychiatry (Klinik Psikiyatri Dergisi)
- Archives of Neuropsychiatry
- Turkiye Klinikleri Journal of Medical Sciences
- Up-to-date in Psychiatry (Psikiyatride Güncel)
- Clinics of Turkey Psychiatry Special Issue: Adult ADHD
- Sexual Medicine and sex therapy
- Minorities Mental Health (LGBT)
- Psychosocial Trauma (War, migration, torture, human right violations, violence and sexual abuse)
- Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Related Problems in Adult
- Social Psychiatry